To encourage outstanding achievement in instrumental music in school and community.
To encourage college level, two year, four year, or conservatory study in the field of instrumental music, preferably in preparation for a career in music.
Award: Amount and number of awards will be determined annually.
- Graduating senior in Chaffee, Lake, or Western Fremont County, or a continuing college student who received an award the previous year.
- Have recommendations from the current music teacher and one other unrelated person.
- Show promise for success in an academic music program.
- Provide an audition or interview if requested by the committee.
- Preference is given to a participating member of the Alpine Orchestra.
- Recipient must show proof of enrollment in a college, university, or conservatory before the funds are paid.
Required applications materials:
- Applicant will provide a statement explaining interest in this scholarship and why they are a good candidate. This should include a description of plans for the future as they pertain to the scholarship.
- A high school transcript including class rank and SAT, or a college transcript.
- A resume of school and community activities.
- An audition or interview if one is requested by the committee.
- Two recommendations, one from the current school music teacher and one from another person unrelated to the candidate.
Three members of the Alpine Orchestra
3rd April 2023
All materials should be mailed to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P. O. Box 4305
Buena Vista, CO 81211
Ruth Spencer 970 389 9653
The Alpine Orchestra welcomes donations to assist in the continuation of our Scholarship program. Please send donations to the application address above with a note that you are contributing to the Scholarship fund.